Friday, December 30, 2011

The Path is Ever Changing


Yes, once again walking the labyrinth experiences!
            Interestingly enough, the path felt completely different as I walked last week. I actually thought I had mis-stepped somehow (don’t we ALL experience that??), and I was disconcerted for quite a few minutes, feeling somewhat disoriented; but since I have learned to “walk where my feet are”, I continued the path as it was. And guess what? It didn’t let me down, and led me where I wanted to go! Now is that a metaphor for life or what??!!
            Yes, the path is ever-changing. It’s when we accept and flow with that change (as I chose to do in the labyrinth) that we can see the perfection in it. It may be that we go on faith and trust the flow of our path (yes, sometimes blindly!), as truly, we are never off of it! It may be that we are seeing that path with fresh eyes, and have a new awareness and appreciation for where we are on the path! Or, as has been going around in my mind, “everything old is new again” – and we make it so! Life has many twists and turns, and avoiding them is not the answer – being fully present in those moments is the key, gaining what we need to gain in order to function more presently in our lives. While we may feel that we stray off the path from time to time, we need to realize that no matter what, we are where we are. Period. No judgment, no regret, no wishing it were different, acknowledging the perfection. It can be so exciting!
            Also this past week, I participated in a labyrinth walk with a group of people on the Solstice. The path was very full that evening, with everyone carrying a lit candle – and this is how I viewed it: many, many people will cross our path throughout our life. Some may be familiar, some may be walking the path closely beside us, some may be strangers, some may be in a hurry, while some may be very, very slow. But everyONE of them is the Light; as am I, as are you! We may move out of the way for some – some may stand to the side for us –  we may come face-to-face with others, we may avoid some, some may cross our path for but a second…AND, we are all on the path together. We are ALL shining our light at the rate of vibration that is comfortable for us. At some level, we all recognize that, and know that the sea of humanity that we meet along the way all have the same basic desires: for peace, for love, for connection. If we can be cognizant of that, and just smile at everyone we meet, we create the Light as we go.
I have been so grateful for these walking meditations, and the enlightenment they’ve brought me. I feel it helping me to walk my path – the one outside of the labyrinth – in a more conscious, peaceful, purposeful way. We are called in this coming year to find those avenues to peace (inner and outer) to help us stay on an even keel as we navigate 2012. We are here to be examples of the Light  - much needed in our world in this NOW!
Here’s to Being the Light on the ever-changing path of Life!

2 comments: